Four Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded in 2019. The scholarships are for one year and are nonrenewable.
- Applicants must be a current Jo-Carroll Energy member in good standing and must have his/her name on an active account.
- Applicants must be accepted to an accredited post-secondary school/program that would lead to their first degree or certification. (Proof of acceptance must be supplied.)
- Immediate family of employees/ directors may apply.
- Previous Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarship winners are not eligible.
- If not current enrolled, recipients must begin studies within a year of being notified they have won.
- Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed application form.
- Two letters of reference
- Brief academic statement about your current academic pursuits. The statement should include your educational and career goals and how this scholaship would help you achieve those goals.
Selection and Award
- One scholarship will be awarded to students in Jo Daviess County, Carroll,Whiteside and Henry counties.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee including Jo-Carroll Energy employees.
- Scholarship winners will be invited to attend the Jo-Carroll Energy Annual Meeting for recognition.
- Scholarships may be used for education costs at any two- or four- year accredited college or university.
- Scholarships may be paid directly to the school- one-half to be paid when the recipient begins a semester/program and one-half at the beginning of the second term. Must show satisfactory progress in the program and maintain a GPA of at least 3.00.
Deadline for application is March 2, 2020
Please attach proof or current transcripts with this application
txt, rtf, pdf, doc, docx, odt, ppt, pptx, odp, xls, xlsx, ods
Submit two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher or other school personnel and one from a community member.
We have examined this application, including accompanying submissions, and to the best of our knowledge and belief, it is true, corrent and complete.
Deadline for Application is March 2, 2019