Four Jo-Carroll Energy Adult/Nontraditional Student Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded in 2022. The scholarships are for one year and are nonrenewable.
- Applicants must be a current Jo-Carroll Energy member in good standing and must have his/her name on an active account.
- Applicants must be accepted to an accredited post-secondary school/program that would lead to their first degree, licensure or certification. Proof of acceptance must be supplied.
- If not currently enrolled, recipients must begin studies within a year of being notified they have won.
- Immediate family of employees/ directors may apply.
- Previous Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarship winners are not eligible.
- Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed application form.
- Two letters of reference
- Brief academic statement about your current academic pursuits. The statement should include your educational and career goals and how this scholaship would help you achieve those goals.
Selection and Award
- One scholarship will be awarded to students in Jo Daviess County, Carroll,Whiteside and Henry counties.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee including Jo-Carroll Energy employees.
- Scholarship winners will be invited to attend the Jo-Carroll Energy Annual Meeting for recognition.
- Scholarships may be used for education costs at any two- or four- year accredited college or university.
- Scholarships may be paid directly to the school- one-half to be paid when the recipient begins a semester/program and one-half at the beginning of the second term. Must show satisfactory progress in the program and maintain a GPA of at least 3.00.
Deadline for application is March 1, 2022
Please attach proof or current transcripts with this application
txt, rtf, pdf, doc, docx, odt, ppt, pptx, odp, xls, xlsx, ods
Submit two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher or other school personnel and one from a community member.
I have examined this application, including accompanying submissions, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, corrent and complete.
Deadline for Application is March 1, 2022
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.