Two Jo-Carroll Energy Lineworker Scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each will be awarded in 2019. The scholarships are for one year and are nonrenewable.
- Must be a high school graduate or hold a GED at time of enrollment in lineworker school.
- Must enroll in an accredited lineworker program; preference given to applicants planning to attend:
- Northwest Iowa Community College, Sheldon, Iowa
- Southwest Tech, Fennimore, Wisconsin
- Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Moraine Park Technical College, Beaver Dan, Wisconsin
- Applicants or their parent/legal guardian must be a cooperative member with their primary residence or business served by the cooperative.
- Immediate family of employees/directors may apply.
- Applicants shall not be previous winners of a Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarship.
- Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed application form.
- Letter of reference.
- High school transcripts and/or GED.
- Short statement (500 words why they are interested in this field and demonstrating knowledge of Jo-Carroll Energy.
Selection and Award
- Two scholarships will be awarded.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee including Jo-Carroll Energy lineworkers.
- Scholarship winners will be invited to attend the Jo-Carroll Energy Annual Meeting for recognition.
- Recipients will provide proof of enrollment.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the training program—one-half to be paid when recipient begins program and one-half at beginning of second term. Must show satisfactory progress in the program and maintain a GPA of at least 2.50.
The application deadline is March 2, 2020
List activies in which you have participated, along with years of membership or participation and any offices held.
txt, rtf, pdf, doc, docx, odt, ppt, pptx, odp, xls, xlsx, ods
Enclose/attach a brief statement (500 words) outlining your career goals, why you interested in this line of work and demonstrating your knowledge of Jo-Carroll Energy.
Submit a letter of recommendation, one from a teacher or other school personnel and one from a community member.
We have examined this application, including accompanying submissions, and to the best of our knowledge and belief, it is true, corrent and complete.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications and requires submissions is March 2, 2020.