New Service Construction
For new service (new construction) requests, you need to complete the electric and natural gas service application. Please refer to our Electric Service Manual for electric service requirements and guidelines.
For all new electric or natural gas service requests - at a location where there has never been a service - you will need the following information (download our helpful New Service Construction Checklist
- Account name
- Billing address
- Home phone
- Work phone
- Cell phone
- Electrician name and telephone number
- 911 address of new service including city
- Lot number if in a subdivision or legal description if not in a subdivision or on a city lot
- Subdivision name
- Service size
- Construction start date
Jo-Carroll Energy approved meter socket must be installed prior to construction of service. The meter socket must be installed and wired to the National Electric Code.
Click here for the JCE Wiring Statement/Certificate of Electric Inspection. Please return to Jo-Carroll Energy, ATTN: Ops Department, PO Box 390, Elizabeth, IL 61028
Line extension costs
$600 System Access Fee, plus:
$7/foot - 0-500'
$6/foot - 501-1000'
$5/foot - >1000'
· Line Extension Fees the same-Overhead or Underground
· If underground, the member is responsible for conduits, trenching and other installation costs
· Additional fee for winter construction
· Full payment prior to construction
· Visa, MasterCard, Discover, check or e-check
· Construction loan verification from lender is required when payment is made from the construction loan
· Easements may be required-whether in a Subdivision or not
· Must be signed and dated by member/property owner in presence of Notary Public
· New easement will be prepared by Jo-Carroll Energy
· Must be completed and returned before construction
· The original will be sent to the respective courthouse for recording
· Line extension payment
· Trench and/or Directional Bore
· Conduits. Jo-Carroll Energy may provide conduit at an additional cost
· Right-of-way clearing
· Backfilling and restoration
· Road crossings
· Installation of Jo-Carroll Energy approved meter socket.
· Legal description of property if easement is needed