If you're a homeowner and need a new heating system, new windows or need to add weather stripping, caulking or insulation, Jo-Carroll Energy has a program that may be able to help.
The low-interest residential energy efficiency loan program was started to help homeowners make existing homes more energy efficient, and will loan members from $200 to $10,000 at a low interest rate to make these improvements.
Qualifying projects include:
- Energy Star qualified geothermal heat pumps
- Air source heat pumps with a SEER greater than 15
- Heat pump water heaters
- Solar water heaters (with an electric backup)
- Attic, wall and floor insulation
- Caulking and weather stripping
- Windows and doors
- Mobile home "roof-overs"
- Natural gas service extension (available to existing members only where available)
Homeowners interested in the program are required to have a home assessment completed by the cooperative prior to beginning work. After the homeowner has identified their project and had the assessment completed, they will obtain estimates and complete a loan application. Work must be completed within 60 days of the loan approval date.
Contact us at 800-858-5522 for more information or the current interest rate.