Powering the future
JCE Scholarship Program
In support of students from our service territory who choose to continue their education, Jo-Carroll has the JCE Scholarship Program. The cooperative offers five different scholarships to help support our youth, area students and communities. We encourage area students to apply for these scholarships. Applications are now open.
Our scholarships include:
- Up to six $1000 Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarships are awarded each year to outstanding scholastic students who are the sons or daughters of Jo-Carroll Energy members. Two scholarships will be awarded in both Carroll and Jo Daviess counties, and one scholarship will be awarded in both Whiteside and Henry counties. Scholarships are awarded based on grade point average, college entrance test scores, work and volunteer experience, participation in school and community activities, biographical statement and knowledge of the cooperative. Application coming soon.
- Up to two Lineworker Scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each. These scholarships are awarded to students who plan to attend a lineworker school. Applicants or their parent/legal guardian must be a cooperative members. Scholarships are awarded based on academic transcripts, school and community activities and a statement outlining career goals and why the student is interested in becoming an electric lineworker. Application coming soon.
- Up to four $1,000 Two-year/Technical School Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each. Similar to the JCE Scholarships, these awards go to outstanding scholastic students who are high school seniors and sons or daughters of Jo-Carroll Energy members but who plan to attend a two-year college or technical program. One scholarships is awarded in each of the counties the cooperative serves including Jo Daviess, Carroll, Whiteside and Henry. Scholarships are awarded based on grade point average, college entrance exam scores, work and volunteer experience, participation in school and community activities, and two short essay statements. Application coming soon.
- Up to four Adult Student Scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each. Applicants must be a current Jo-Carroll Energy member in good standing and must have his or her name on an active account. Applicants must be accepted to an accredited post-secondary school or program that would lead to their first degree, certification or licensure. Scholarships are awarded based on letters of reference and a statement about the student's academic pursuits including their educational and career goals and how the scholarship will help them achieve those goals. One scholarships is awarded in each of the counties the cooperative services including Jo Daviess, Carroll, Whiteside and Henry. Application coming soon.
- Ten Director's Scholarships in the amount of $500 to be awarded by drawings at the cooperative's Annual Meeting of Members, set for June 5 at West Carroll High School in Savanna. Application coming soon. Students who receive another scholarship from Jo-Carroll Energy are not eligible to receive a Director's Scholarship.
Funding for all Jo-Carroll Energy scholarships comes from unclaimed and donated capital credits.
Illinois electric cooperatives will award 15 scholarships to assist students in the electric cooperative family across the state.
Awarded through the Thomas H. Moore Illinois Electric Cooperatives Memorial Scholarship Program, the 17 scholarships are worth $2,000 each. Deadline to apply is Dec. 31, 2023. APPLICATION COMING SOON.
Ten scholarships are awarded to high school seniors whose parents are an Illinois electric co-op member receiving service from the cooperative. Deadline to apply is Dec. 31, 2023.
Five scholarships are reserved for high school students enrolling full-time at a two-year Illinois community college and whose parents are Illinois electric cooperative members, employees or directors. Deadline to apply is Dec. 31, 2023. APPLY NOW!
One scholarship, the Earl W. Struck Memorial Scholarship, is awarded to a student who is the child of an Illinois electric cooperative employee or director. Deadline to apply is Dec. 31, 2023. APPLICATION COMING SOON.
One scholarship, the LaVern and Nola McEntire Lineworker's Scholarship, is awarded to a student to attend the lineworker school conducted by the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives in conjunction with Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield. Children of co-op members, relatives of co-op employees or directors and individuals who have served or are serving in the armed forces or National Guard are eligible for this scholarship. Deadline for the Lineworker's Scholarship is April 30, 2024. APPLY NOW.
For more information or questions, please email email@example.com or call Peggy Francomb, director of marketing and communications at 800-858-5522, ext. 1218.