Powering the future
JCE Scholarship Program
In support of students from our service territory who choose to continue their education, Jo-Carroll has the JCE Scholarship Program. The cooperative offers five different scholarships to help support our youth, area students and communities. We encourage area students to apply for these scholarships. Applications are now open.
Our scholarships include:
- Up to six $1000 Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarships are awarded each year to outstanding scholastic students who are the sons or daughters of Jo-Carroll Energy members. Two scholarships will be awarded in both Carroll and Jo Daviess counties, and one scholarship will be awarded in both Whiteside and Henry counties. Scholarships are awarded based on grade point average, college entrance test scores, work and volunteer experience, participation in school and community activities, biographical statement and knowledge of the cooperative. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2022.
- Up to two Lineworker Scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each. These scholarships are awarded to students who plan to attend a lineworker school. Applicants for their parent/legal guardian must be a cooperative members. Scholarships are awarded based on academic transcripts, school and community activities and a statement outlining career goals and why the student is interested in becoming an electric lineworker. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2022.
- Up to four $1,000 Two-year/Technical School Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each. Similar to the JCE Scholarships, these awards go to outstanding scholastic students who are high school seniors and sons or daughters of Jo-Carroll Energy members but who plan to attend a two-year college or technical program. One scholarships is awarded in each of the counties the cooperative serves including Jo Daviess, Carroll, Whiteside and Henry. Scholarships are awarded based on grade point average, college entrance exam scores, work and volunteer experience, participation in school and community activities, and two short essay statements. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2022.
- Up to four Adult Student Scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each. Applicants must be a current Jo-Carroll Energy member in good standing and must have his or her name on an active account. Applicants must be accepted to an accredited post-secondary school or program that would lead to their first degree, certification or licensure. Scholarships are awarded based on letters of reference and a statement about the student's academic pursuits including their educational and career goals and how the scholarship will help them achieve those goals. One scholarships is awarded in each of the counties the cooperative services including Jo Daviess, Carroll, Whiteside and Henry. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2022.
- Ten Director's Scholarships in the amount of $500 to be awarded by drawings at the cooperative's Annual Meeting of Members If we are unable to hold an in-person annual meeting, drawings will be held during a Zoom meeting. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2022.
Funding for all Jo-Carroll Energy scholarships comes from unclaimed and donated capital credits.
IEC Memorial Scholarships
Illinois electric cooperatives will award a total of 12 scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded in 2019 through the Thomas H. Moore Illinois Electric Cooperatives (IEC) Memorial Scholarship Program, including 11 academic scholarships and one scholarship to assist a student with costs in attending an electric lineworker school.
Six scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors who are the sons or daughters of an Illinois electric cooperative member receiving service from the cooperative. A seventh scholarship, the Earl W. Struck Memorial Scholarship, will be awarded to a student who is the son or daughter of an Illinois electric cooperative employee or director. Four additional scholarships are reserved for students enrolling full-time at a two-year Illinois community college who are the sons or daughters of Illinois electric cooperative members, employees or directors. Applications are completed online. Deadline for the IEC Memorial Scholarships is Dec. 31, 2021.
The twelfth scholarship, the "LaVern and Nola McEntire Lineworker's Scholarship," will help pay for costs to attend the lineworker's school conducted by the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives in conjunction with Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield. Sons and daughters of co-op members, relatives of co-op employees or directors and individuals who served or are serving in the armed forces or National Guard are all eligible for the lineworker's scholarship. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2022.
Download a flyer about the IEC Memorial Scholarship Program.
For more information or questions, contact Peggy Francomb at 800-858-5522, ext. 1218 or email@example.com.